The conference organisers would like to thank the people and organisations who contribute to the Participant Travel Assistance Fund. Through this we can assist a number of participants and ensure their conference participation.
Grants will be awarded based on the following criteria:
- Hardship: the applicant is unable to attend the conference without financial support;
- Contribution to the conference: the applicant has had an abstract submitted and accepted for presentation in the conference programme.
- Participation in the conference will clearly contribute to the applicant’s professional development.
- The applicant does not count with any financial support from others.
Applicants based in the Pacific Island region may apply for conference fee, accommodation and travel.
Applicants should submit the following:
- A copy of the abstract submission. Only those with abstracts that have been accepted for presentation will be considered.
- A personal statement providing evidence of the above criteria [Maximum 300 words];
- A letter of support from their organisation;
- A short CV (Max 3 pages) including:
- personal background information [titles, names, date of birth, gender, nationality, degrees, occupation, institutional, status, functions and postal and e-mail addresses];
- a description of their organisation and key activities in progress or recently undertaken [Maximum 300 words].
- If you have applied for a financial support with others as well, please indicate this.
Inevitably, demand for travel assistance will far exceed supply. Please apply only if you meet the criteria stated and even applicants who meet all the criteria may well be disappointed. The conference organisers reserve the right to award the amount of funding, a proportion of the amount, or make no award. The conference organisers are unlikely to support more than one applicant from the same institution.
Note too that assistance arrangements and payments will only be made by the conference organisers. Applicants can NOT make their own arrangements and claim refund. No refunds will be made.
Recipients of assistance will be expected in addition to presenting their paper, will also produce a communication output. Our communication officers will provide further information regarding the communication input following awards being made.
Applications should be sent by email to [email protected] : DEADLINE 17th January 2020
We aim to confirm our decision to applicants around the same time that decisions on abstracts/speakers are announced which will be end of January 2020.