As conference organisers, we are increasingly concerned about the environmental impacts of our activities and want to lead by example by promoting a conference that aims at developing and implementing green and sustainable initiatives that reduces environmental impacts.
The main objectives of the greening of this conference is to work together to raise awareness of participants to:
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions and promote a reduction in greenhouse gas emissions caused by air travel.
- Reduce waste created by supplying and consuming food and drinks and promote sustainable produce.
- Reduce the amount of waste created by conference exhibits, presentations and other documents and promote reusing and recycling materials.
- Reduce the amount of waste created by hotel accommodation.
- Raise awareness among participants about the energy produced for the conference and set up eco-friendly charging areas in the Tjibaou Cultural Centre.
You can download the Eco-responsibility Charter to learn more about what we can do to achieve a green event.